Academic performance is important for many reasons. It can open the door to opportunity and pave the way for future success, both in higher education and professionally; however, we believe a values-based, international education is of equal importance.
Our values-driven international education is expressed through core values which are woven into every academic and extra curricular activity at GEMS schools. We live and breathe four values that form the basis of everything we do. They include:
- Leading through innovation
With these values at our core, we encourage independent learning and empower students to embrace responsibility. Students at our top private schools learn to celebrate diversity in a spirit of understanding and tolerance that helps them become citizens of the world.
How we live our Core Values everyday
- Leading through innovation – Find the courage to challenge convention
- We dare to dream of the possibilities
- No idea is too small or too large if it makes things better for our learners and our people
- Pursuing excellence – Work to continually exceed expectations
- Just as we set educational standards for our schools, we ensure that everything we do is delivered to a high standard
- We go the extra mile for our students and our colleagues
- Growing by learning – Strive to develop your potential
- Along with our students, we never stop learning
- Each and every one of us has the capacity for leadership
- Global citizenship –Making an active contribution to your local and global community
- We respect and celebrate our diversity and recognize that there are many things that unite us all
- We make a difference in our local communities so that we can build a sustainable planet to share
- We build bridges of knowledge, push boundaries and unite young people.
- We aim to produce not just great students, but great people who live with honesty, confidence and integrity